Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Introductions!

So this is a blog...

I started this pretty much purely on whim. My thought process: I should start a blog... Just for kicks... Thus, I have absolutely no idea what to write.

I suppose an introduction is a good place to start.

My name is May, I'm a senior in high school near San Diego, California and I waste way too much time on Facebook. Starting a blog seems like a more respectable way to goof off on the internet when I should be doing homework.

Anyways. My life consists of writing, friends, film/video work, coffee, homework I've procrastinated on, good movies, good books and recently, a feverish attempt to find a job in order to pay for the gap year I want to take next year. So far, I'm still unemployed.

In all honesty, I'm getting bored introducing myself-- somehow, I think that's a bad sign... So! I'll wrap this up soon.

If you're wondering where the name of this blog came from: "More Crazy than My Goat", it's a reference to a quote by an artist named Remedios Varo. The only quote I could find of hers was "On second thought, I think I am more crazy than my goat."

Varo was a surrealist who painted at the same time as Dali. She was just less well known but she actually worked with him for a while. I discovered her about a year ago when I was in Mexico with my dad for a day trip. We'd gone down to Rosarita and we were looking around the little shops with obscenely cheap mass-produced-yet-indie-looking tourist stuff and one shop had a wall of interesting paintings. We asked the shop owner and she said that they were reproductions of Remedios Varo paintings. I didn't buy any, but I did some more reasearch when I got home and decided she was one of my favorite artists.

Anyways! I'm not sure if I'm crazier than a goat, and I don't actually have a goat to compare myself to, so don't consider the quote a personal description... ;)

Thanks for reading my introduction! I'll be posting again soon... Until then!

-Me

No comments:

Post a Comment